NitFlix product recommendation to follow to end head lice forever.
NitFlix Product Recommendation
When there is a known live outbreak – daily use is recommended.
- Wet hair thoroughly
- Apply shampoo
- Apply shampoo again
- Work into lather & let lather remain for one minute
- Rinse well & proceed to Conditioning Treatment
- Apply Conditioning Treatment generously (approximately 1-2 ounces) to scalp & hair
- Be sure to apply at scalp paying close attention to nape area, around ears, & crown of head
- Distribute evenly with wide tooth comb
- Cover with plastic cap & process 30 minutes
- Rinse well
Make sure you have already protected your own hair with Grace’s NitFlix® (To read more, visit my Lice Treatments post.) before you start this elimination process on another person.
Grace’s NitFlix Prevention
Follow Prevention instructions up to and including #10, then follow below.
- Cover with plastic cap & process at least 8 hours while under supervision, or overnight (Not recommended for young children who may pull plastic cap over their face affecting their breathing).
These next steps are easiest done in a well lit bathroom near a sink & water. Remove any bathroom rugs before you start. Of course, this is the perfect time to give your lice victim something to read.
Grace’s NitFlix Instructions
- Part hair into a total of 8 sections; starting down the middle, then further parting each half into 2, & finally each of those 4 sections into 2, using clips to hold each section.
- Start in the sections at the front of the head first, one section at a time, & work your way back using a metal lice comb.
- Working from front to back of each section, take a small amount of hair, (no wider than the length of the comb & no more than 1/4 inch deep which is approximately 1/2 the length of your nail-bed) starting at the scalp, combing through the full length of the hair to the end.
- Run the comb under water after each & every comb through. Lice are very difficult to spot. This is the best way to clean off the comb so you do not put lice back on the victim’s head, & to see how many lice you are removing.
- Go through the same strands of hair. Use the clip on the hair you’ve combed through as you go through each section to keep separate what is done & what needs to be done. This gets tedious & you must be meticulous & methodical, especially behind the ears, nape of neck, & crown of head, since these areas are usually more concentrated with lice.
- After all hair has been combed through with lice comb, remove all clothing on victim & lice picker. Either wash the clothes in hot water & dry on high heat, or place them in a plastic bag for 2 weeks, or place the plastic bag in a closed car sitting in the hot sun for 8 hours with an outside temperature of at least 70° or greater.
- Finally, rinse hair well.
- Repeat this procedure every day – It may take 1-2 days before no lice or nits are seen
- Follow the Prevent Lice protocol to keep yourself protected.
As always, I welcome your comments.