There are important head lice facts that everyone needs to know. Whether or not you have children, you must be aware of the facts.
What are Lice
So, if you’re not familiar with lice; they are tiny wingless insects that live on an individual’s scalp and feed on their blood. To learn more about these pesky critters; be sure to visit my Interesting Lice History post.
Moreover, louse eggs are also known as nits. Although they look like dandruff; they are not. When you brush or comb someone’s hair; they don’t fall off. Also, lice attach their nits to pieces of hair close to your scalp.
So, if you see something that resembles an oval blob on a piece of hair; it is probably a nit.
Important Head Lice Facts
When it comes to lice, they’re the size of a sesame seed. However, once the seed has fully grown; it can be challenging to see. Indeed, this can turn your life upside down.
Therefore, there are some important things you should know about these pesky critters.
- Nits are known as lice eggs that hatch in approximately 6 – 9 days
- Studies have shown that lice increase stress
- Indeed, lice crawl fast so it is important to teach your kids safety tips when they are near other kids, as it takes 30 seconds for a louse to transfer from one head to another
- Also, a nymph hatches from the nit and becomes an adult in 8 – 9 days and an adult louse can lay up to 12 eggs a day
- Lice live for 30 days
- Simple math – 5 Adult lice, 12 eggs a day for 7 days = 420 nits with the first 60 hatchings on the 7th day – scary facts!
- More importantly, lice can be submerged for eight hours and survive, so water doesn’t kill these critters.
Reduce yours and your Families Risk
At the same time, there are now ways to eliminate these pesky bugs from ever making an appearance in your life. Be sure to visit my Preventive Maintenance post where you will find tips on ever having to deal with lice.
In conclusion, make using NitFlix part of your family and your everyday beauty and health routine.
Now that you know the important head lice facts; how will you eradicate these critters from ever making an appearance in your life?