When it comes to house cleaning lice tips; it is important to implement not only having a clean home; but more important to make sure you focus on having a clean head for you and your family.
House Cleaning Lice Tips
Of course, keeping your house clean is important. When you have had an outbreak of lice; the first thing you will want to do is thoroughly clean and disinfect your home.
Did you know when head lice falls off your head; they can survive in your home? Moreover, head lice can be in:
- Hooded jackets
- Stuffed Animals
Consequently, lice can be anywhere a person who has had an outbreak has been. So, it is important to take preventative measures to keep this from occurring again.
- Clean all floors – Mop and vacuum
- Meanwhile, collect all articles of clothes that have been near other clothes from a person that has lice.
- Clothes should be placed in a clear plastic bag and sealed to prevent these pesky bugs from spreading.
- Above all, a stuffed animal should also be cleaned the same way as clothes. See above.
- Clean your car. More importantly, clean your seats and headrests on all car seats. Make sure this is done thoroughly.
- Vacuum all furniture
- Vacuum your mattress
- Finally, put all hair combs, brushes, and barrettes in a clear bag. At the same time, store this in the freezer for 12 – 24 hours. On the other hand, another option is to keep it stored in the bag for 5 – 7 days to make sure these pesky bugs have been eliminated.
When it comes to lice infestation, it is important to keep in mind that high heat in a dryer is another way to clean all household items.
In fact, as important as it is to keep your home clean; it is more important to take steps to treat the person who has lice. Be sure to read my New Year Clean Head Tips post.
As always, I welcome your comments.