- Make sure you have already protected your own hair with Grace’s NitFlix® (see Prevent Lice Use Instructions) before you start this elimination process on another person.
- Wet hair thoroughly.
- Apply shampoo.
- Apply shampoo again.
- Work into lather, thoroughly washing hair & scalp, allowing lather to remain for one minute.
- Rinse well & go on to Conditioning Treatment.
- Generously apply Conditioning Treatment (approximately 1-2 ounces depending on length) to scalp & hair.
- Be sure to apply at scalp paying close attention to nape & crown area, & around ears.
- Distribute evenly with wide tooth comb.
- Cover with plastic cap & process at least 8 hours while under supervision, or overnight (Not recommended for young children who may pull plastic cap over their face affecting their breathing).
- These next steps are easiest done in a well lit bathroom near a sink & water. Remove any bathroom rugs before you start. This is the perfect time to give your lice victim something to read!
- Part hair into a total of 8 sections; starting down the middle, then further parting each half into 2, & finally each of those 4 sections into 2, using clips to hold each section.
- Start in the sections at the front of the head first, one section at a time, & work your way back using a metal lice comb.
- Working from front to back of each section, take a small amount of hair, (no wider than the length of the comb & no more than 1/4 inch deep which is approximately 1/2 the length of your nail-bed) starting at the scalp, combing through the full length of the hair to the end.
- Stop up the sink. Run the comb under water after each & every comb through. Lice are very difficult to spot. This is the best way to clean off the comb so you do not put lice back on the victim’s head, & to see how many lice you are removing!
- Go through the same strands of hair until no further lice are removed. Use the clip on the hair you’ve combed through as you go through each section to keep separate what is done & what needs to be done. This gets tedious & you must be meticulous & methodical, especially behind the ears, nape of neck, & crown of head, since these areas are usually more concentrated with lice.
- After all hair has been combed through with lice comb, remove all clothing on victim & lice picker. Either wash the clothes in hot water & dry on high heat, or place them in a plastic bag for 2 weeks, or place the plastic bag in a closed car sitting in the hot sun for 8 hours with an outside temperature of at least 70° or greater.
- Rinse hair well.
- Repeat this procedure every day till no nits or lice are seen which typically takes 1-2 days.
- Follow the Prevent Lice protocol to keep yourself protected!
Contact us with any questions or comments.
Please LIKE & Follow us on Facebook to receive updated information & specials.
We appreciate you taking the time to leave your testimonials.